Children's kindle books are so expensive!

(6 Posts)
ScarlettDarling Sat 12-Dec-15 22:44:24

I've bought dd a kindle for Christmas and have just started loading it up with books, but oh my goodness, they're so expensive! She is desperate to read "little stars" by Jacqueline Wilson but it costs £7.99! I think that's ridiculous! I know e books are subject to VAT but I just can't understand how a kindle book can be so expensive...no printing, transportation etc etc.

Any recommendations for cheaper kids kindle books?

mrsmortis Mon 14-Dec-15 13:40:33

Have a look at Gutenburg.org Alot of the classics are out of copyright so you can get The Secret Garden and A Little Princess etc for free. And all the Oz books are on there too. As are The Railway Children, The treasure seekers and Anne of Green Gables,

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Mon 14-Dec-15 13:46:16

Fill it up with free classics and look out for special offers for other things. Newly published books tend to cost more.

ScarlettDarling Mon 14-Dec-15 17:50:18

Thanks, I've popped 'Heidi' on which is an old fave of hers and was free, will stick some more on too.

RustyBear Mon 14-Dec-15 18:00:51

Kindle books often have price drops or offers - I use this site to track them uk.ereaderiq.com/track/drops/ I get an email when there's a price drop on any of the authors I'm interested in.

ScarlettDarling Mon 14-Dec-15 20:40:55

rustybear thanks so much for that! That site is ideal, just what I needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now