Books for 15 years old

(9 Posts)
lilli30101968 Wed 02-Dec-15 09:43:42

Anybody could suggest a book for 15 years old boy teen to read about life and learn about doing well for future . thanks

Gruach Wed 02-Dec-15 09:53:17

Syed

or

Trollope

But really at that age pretty much any decent literature will offer some life guidance.

Sadik Wed 02-Dec-15 11:12:31

Bounce looks really interesting, Gruach. Do you think it would appeal to someone with little interest in sport (ie me and dd!) - or would it still be a worthwhile read?

(Sorry for hijack, OP!)

lilli30101968 Wed 02-Dec-15 11:17:14

Thanks Gruach it look good; son is going off rail at school need to get good book to really understand need to work hard to achieve something

Gruach Wed 02-Dec-15 11:21:45

Oh help! I knew I'd be found out. I haven't actually read it myself, just heard lots of (RL as well as Internet ...) people praising it, including a pre-teen who took to quoting snippets from it. I understand its appeal is pretty wide.

Gruach Wed 02-Dec-15 11:27:01

lilli In those circumstances I suspect you may make more progress by finding adults or slightly older teens your DS admires to talk to him about or show him the amount of effort involved in achieving anything.

What's his peer group like?

Sadik Wed 02-Dec-15 11:27:15

No worries, maybe the library will have it then I can just give it back if neither of us like it!

lilli30101968 Wed 02-Dec-15 12:19:03

Gruach he is peer group like sport, play games it is just this year in year 11 he is just start desinterrest in school dont want to do homework and not studing enough for his exams

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 02-Dec-15 19:21:35

Would maybe reading a biography/autobiography about someone he admires that worked hard help? Most famous people even ones we may consider lightweight have usually had to put in work or show resilience in order to get to where they are.

In the words of Churchill: Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now