Good baby books

(14 Posts)
MusicMum18 Fri 11-Sep-15 21:12:38

Hi,
Can anybody recommend some good books for babies, my lo is 4.5 months old and I'm looking to increase her stock!
Ta

Holly1391 Sat 12-Sep-15 16:01:52

Julia Donaldson books are great. Lovely illustrations and stories which I enjoy reading too. You can get some as board books which my lo loves to play with. Have a look on the book people's website. They often do a bundle deal of 10 for £10 and other brilliant childrens books are also really good prices on there. We also love the 'that's not my . .' Series of touchy feely books.

fredandme123 Sat 12-Sep-15 16:03:36

The gruffalo people has done a series of 4, fox's sox, hide and seek pig, postman bear and rabbits nap which are all lovely lift flap books. The stories rhyme which make it nice to read at bedtime smile

Creatureofthenight Sat 12-Sep-15 21:32:33

There are so many brilliant books for little ones! Do you have a library near you? Could try out some different authors before buying?
As Holly says, the That's not my ..... books are lovely.

daisydalrymple Sat 12-Sep-15 21:43:41

Peepo
Each peach, pear, plum
Hungry caterpillar
Going on a bear hunt
Guess how much I love you
All the spot board books
Dear zoo
The tiger who came to tea
Goodnight moon
Julia Donaldson board books as mentioned above (often £3 in asda)
Busters birthday

These are all the ones I can remember we have specifically for younger baby (dc3 is 10mo and I must admit I was wondering if I'm missing any classic board books for him!)

daisydalrymple Sat 12-Sep-15 21:50:03

All 3 of my children have loved the mini libraries sets of books, the little sets of five or so books in a box. Hours have been spent pulling them out, putting them in, turning pages. They do so many titles and characters in the range.

MusicMum18 Sun 13-Sep-15 13:38:41

Thanks everyone, I've just seen in the aldi catalogue that on Thursday they are selling julia Donaldson books for £1.99! I'm getting down there!

Devonicity Sun 13-Sep-15 13:42:58

The Ahlberg books, especially Peepi for this age. I've just had a clear-out of
Most of our board books, but I've kept the Ahlberg and Julia Donaldson ones as I can't bear to give them away.

Devonicity Sun 13-Sep-15 13:43:11

Peepo

BikeRunSki Sun 13-Sep-15 13:46:00

Orange Pear Apple Bear
Monkey and Me

Both by Emily Gravett

I have been reading them on and off for 7 years and could read them forever. They are beautifully lyrical,

gingercat12 Tue 22-Sep-15 11:30:06

DS used to love bath books. We started with Mimi's Toes

He would just giggle and giggle.

BumWad Tue 22-Sep-15 11:33:03

Thanks for the Aldi tip also got a 4 month old and want to start a good book collection.

BumWad Tue 22-Sep-15 11:34:44

Bollocks was it last Thursday? Will they have disappeared now?

MusicMum18 Tue 22-Sep-15 17:21:41

Yes last Thursday they had them, might be worth a look still though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now