Any other adult Percy Jackson fans?

(11 Posts)
iamdivergent Mon 29-Jun-15 18:37:21

My DD (10) got me into them. Live them! Now onto the Heroes of Olympus series grin

mcdog Mon 29-Jun-15 18:39:19

Me!!! I love them smile

iamdivergent Mon 29-Jun-15 18:41:10

Yay grin I am embarrassed to at that I read the first 5 in under a week, devoured them!

iamdivergent Mon 29-Jun-15 18:41:25

embarrassed to *say

mcdog Tue 30-Jun-15 21:02:47

I got into them after I needed an "emergency" book in a foreign airport after a serious flight delay. Percy Jackson was the only thing they had in English smile

RueDeWakening Tue 30-Jun-15 21:09:56

I love them too - the Kane Chronicles aren't bad, either grin

iamdivergent Tue 30-Jun-15 21:26:31

Bought the movies for the holidays grin ill add the jane chronicles to my list to the birthday girls list for next month wink grin

Sixgeese Wed 08-Jul-15 21:54:23

Me...Me...(waves hands in the air)

I love them too, and have the whole 10 Percy Jackson books and all the Kane Chronicles.

The children in the family have to wait for me to finish before they can borrow them, and there is a queue 3 teenager / child deep, and DD1 has just started reading them.

The films were a bit of a disappointment though, as are a lot of films based loosely on books.

A couple of weeks ago I was a parent helper on a school trip to the British Museum, I made my group of kids look at things that are featured in Red Pyramid.

Chocolateorangegirl Wed 08-Jul-15 22:10:29

Me too! Love them and my DCD is not old enough as an excuse as to why I got into them. grin

Thought the Kane chronicles were great as well.

I'm a big fan of child/teenage fantasy/ sci fi literature. It tends to be less sexist and better written.

iamdivergent Thu 09-Jul-15 14:34:44

I'm on Son of Neptune just now. Percy is back!!!! grin I've got Kane Chronicles for DD for her birthday wink

iamdivergent Thu 09-Jul-15 14:35:24

I read alot of YA - so wasn't really surprised at how much I liked the books tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now