'Find that book' please!

(3 Posts)
thaliablogs Sat 13-Jun-15 14:10:08

Book is set in Russia at a training school for, I think, ballet. One of the girls trains for the circus instead, riding horses, and ends up injured because she jumps on an injured knee. I remember it was bound in the same way as "Masha" when I ised to borrow it from the library. She might have been called Nadja but not sure. Google doing me no good. Any suggestions?

morningtoncrescent62 Sun 14-Jun-15 21:04:52

I think this is A Circling Star by Mara Kay who is also author of Masha. The heroine's called Aniuta and she's sent courtesy of her mother's employer to be trained as a ballet dancer at the Imperial Theatrical School in St Petersburg. I won't say any more because of spoilers - it's a brilliant book, I think, and fairly similar in feel to Masha although set a little bit later (mid 19th-century).

thaliablogs Mon 15-Jun-15 18:38:36

Morningtoncrescent you are a genius thank you! I googled mara kay as I thought it was by her but only masha and YLIW came up. Will go see if I can find it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now