French books ?

(8 Posts)
angiebaby0178 Tue 18-Mar-14 09:09:06

My dd2 who is 8 is learning some basic French at school , I still possibly have some recollection of the language from my gcse days 8)
I was wondering if there are any basic French story books that I could attempt to read to her ?
thus improving both our skills ?

SometimesLonely Tue 18-Mar-14 19:30:08

What about trying Amazon. Look at this:

Children's Books In French - amazon.co.uk‎

As for your GCSE days, you'll be surprised at how easy it will be. I did it after more than 30 years.

kittermum Thu 20-Mar-14 14:27:05

All the collection of stories from Usbourne are translated into French, they should be on Amazon : you'll know what you are getting.

IndridCold Sun 23-Mar-14 11:33:39

Have a look at the Petit Nicolas books. They are quite easy to read and funny, and the little drawings are hilarious.

Louise1956 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:02:40

Try getting some of the Asterix books in french, they are good fun.

IndianMummy Tue 15-Apr-14 08:41:14

the Madeline books are lovely

Asterix? Plenty of pictures to help!

BertieBotts Wed 16-Apr-14 12:38:43

Definitely comics are a good place to start and will be more suitable for her age group than simple stories which might be aimed at younger children.

When I was at school I ordered a French magazine which had cartoons, stories, letters, jokes etc. Aimed at children learning French, not French children. You could ask the school if they know of any?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now