Children's bookclub: Shh! We Have a Plan by Chris Haughton and

(28 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Mar-14 14:09:25

Our second childrens' book club choice books for younger children in March is Shh! We Have a Plan by Chris Haughton.

Chris' last book Oh No George won numerous awards and was highly praised by mumsnetters. Shh! We have a plan has Chris' trademark stark but beautifully coloured illlustrations and funny story. Find out more about how the book came about and how you can access a free copy. The first ten mumsnetters to review the book will win a limited edition signed print from Chris.

sealight123 Fri 11-Apr-14 16:00:56

Very artistically illustrated, with beautiful tones. Simplistic text and a very cheeky, comical book. My daughter loved this book smile

katiesobol Sat 19-Apr-14 13:53:08

This book has been a huge hit in our household - being requested day after day and being looked at independently as well as with me at bedtime.

My daughters both loved the story and the illustration and both fight over who gets to "be" the little one and they collapse into giggles at the end with the squirrel every time!!

MrsKwazii Sat 17-May-14 15:55:05

Sorry to take so long to review this book! It languished at the sorting office for a few weeks before I could pick it up and then I kept forgetting to log on. Anyway ....

We love this book and DD keeps whispering "Shh, we have a plan" to me grin It's like her little in-joke and makes me think of Baldrick from Blackadder.

The illustration style is great, and the way that colour is used for the birds especially is lovely. The way that the three idiots keep messing up is eye-rollingly fun, and the bewilderment of the little one is enjoyable. The fact that there are so few words means that DD has been able to memorise some of the story and can join in while I read, which she loves.

Great story, fab illustrations and funny - a big hit here. Thank you for our copy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now