Children's bookclub: Dino-Mummy by Mark Sperring and Sam Lloyd - Apply for a free copy

(26 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Mar-14 12:03:55

We're delighted to announce our Children's bookclub choices for March. First up is the delightful Dino-Mummy.

Mother's Day always brings about a plethora of mummy-related children's books but this caught our eye because of the charming illustrations and lovely text celebrating mums with warmth and humour but without being cutesy. Author Mark Sperring also wrote The Shape of My Heart which was bookclub choice last year. This is his second book with illustrator, Sam Lloyd, who together wrote Dino Baby.

Find out more about the book, apply for a free copy and come back and let us know what your dcs think or post up a review.

Teladi Mon 05-May-14 18:51:04

Coincidentally we got this one out of the library this week. I think it's terribly dated and un-feminist. I had to compare the situation in my house with the situation in the Dino house on every page. The page where daddy was reading the paper while mummy was doing the chores was particularly bad! I've now stashed it back in the library bag, we're not reading it again.

The illustrations were lovely though, the rhyming was fun, and I'm going to check out Dino-Baby to see how it stacks up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now