Job interview - best book to read to preschoolers?

(33 Posts)
MamOfTwo Wed 26-Feb-14 11:09:25

I have a job interview and have to take a book I would read to pre-schoolers. I was thinking "We're going on a bear hunt", "The Gruffalo", "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", or "Dear Zoo" (too babyish?). There are just too many books to choose from! What would you pick?

A classic, or are you up on modern children's fiction? Interview head on!
Is it worth taking one of each?

ceeveebee Fri 28-Feb-14 21:54:16

We love Bear Hunt and the Tiger that came to Tea here too.

Also What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson, its easy to make it interesting as there are lots of animal noises and a proper plot

NearTheWindymill Fri 28-Feb-14 21:58:32

I really liked Each Peach Pear Plum, Ahlberg. And what about anthologies of nursery rhymes?

I love The Fox in the Dark. I first saw it read on Cbeebies by Josie Lawrence. We have also just received a copy of Meet the Parents and it has a lovely rhythm and lots to talk about with preschoolers.

sicily1921 Wed 05-Mar-14 18:44:22

Room on the Broom *
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Guess How much I love you
we're going on a bear hunt

I presume you want something fairly short, * maybe that's a bit long but entertaining though! Good luck with it.

Thewhingingdefective Thu 06-Mar-14 11:15:13

Good choice, Mamoftwo. Hope you got the job smile

MamOfTwo Thu 06-Mar-14 17:59:48

I got the job! thanks to all on this thread - thank you for your help. Went with The Tiger Who Came To Tea. So happy!

Thewhingingdefective Thu 06-Mar-14 18:17:08

Brilliant, well done! I used to love working in the library.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now