Angela Brazil

(4 Posts)
2468Motorway Sun 16-Feb-14 11:05:59

I have just noticed many of her book are available on project gutenberg.

onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/gutbook/author?name=Brazil%2C%20Angela%2C%201869-1947

I read many of her books as a child. I think they were my mum's. I have looked at the titles and I don't really remember any specifics! I loved school stories and I read loads but I can't remember which ones I read of hers especially without the pictures on the covers to jog my memory.

My question is I'd like to recommend some to my DD. Which ones might be good to start with?

Many thanks

NotCitrus Sun 16-Feb-14 11:12:50

The Manor House School was one of my favourites, and reasonably straightforward.
The School at the Turrets is a lot more of its time. Can't recall more titles offhand but will look at the site, thanks for the link.

Definitely 'The Madcap Of the School' for the amazing slang :D She'll have a jinky time! The names are great as well... Raymonde, Fauvette etc.

Hmm, now I've posted that I remember the chapter where they have a very racist concert singing slave songs while dressed up (just stopping short of blackface!). So maybe A Fourth Form Friendship instead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now