Looking for lovely Christmas book for 1yr old boy and 6yr old b/g twins

(12 Posts)
triplets Sat 09-Nov-13 17:09:45

looking for something abit different, any ideas please? Want it to be Christmassy not necessarily religious.

Takver Sat 09-Nov-13 18:46:48

I would definitely include a copy of The Jolly Christmas Postman - theoretically it is a bit young for the 6 y/os, and a bit old for the 1 y/o, but I bet the older ones will love it all the same! (And the younger one can grow into it.)

(I was working in a bookshop when the first Jolly Postman came out around Christmas time, we had a pile on the counter by the till, and it just walked out of the shop, basically everyone who flipped through it bought a copy even if they couldn't figure out a child to buy it for grin )

If the 6 y/os like being read chapter books, what about The Story of Holly and Ivy?

triplets Sat 09-Nov-13 23:36:12

Hi can only find Holly and Ivy on Kindle edition or for over £20! Looks a lovely story.

Takver Sun 10-Nov-13 08:41:29

That's really sad - hadn't realised it was out of print. If you don't mind second hand there are cheap copies on abebooks, I'm a cheapskate so rarely buy new!

triplets Sun 10-Nov-13 15:18:16

No its still in print but they want over £20 for it!

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Sun 10-Nov-13 15:21:38

For the one year old, Stick Man.

For the 6yos how about A Jolly Christmas Postman each?

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Sun 10-Nov-13 15:22:16

Oops did see the postman one had already been recommended.

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Sun 10-Nov-13 15:23:13

What about this for the elder dcs? Very good, goes into the science of santa/ time.zones / toy making etc.

iseenodust Mon 11-Nov-13 10:04:44

Church mice at Christmas. Lovely illustrations, humourous and about the sentiment of Christmas not the Christmas story.

IreneR Fri 15-Nov-13 01:23:50

Can you find "A Christmas Like Helen's" by Natalie Kinsey-Warnock? It's about a girl on a farm in 19th-century Vermont. We borrowed it from the library every year when my son was little.

I think I need my own copy.

IreneR Fri 15-Nov-13 01:24:45

Oh, and iseenodust, I do have a copy of the Church Mice at Christmas. We love that one at our house!

riskit4abiskit Mon 18-Nov-13 10:11:59

My 11 week old loves the rhythms of my voice when I read stick man, and there seems to me to be more story for your money than many other books aimed at younger children. Warning tho, it gets stuck in your head

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now