Anyone's DC get "Adventure Box" magazine?

(7 Posts)
BornToFolk Wed 30-Oct-13 14:40:24

grin I got what you meant minding She is very bright and inquisitive but I think Aquila might be a bit beyond her at the moment.
I think I will go for the Adventure Box subscription, thanks for the feedback!

mindingalongtime Wed 30-Oct-13 10:13:32

I meant to say, depends howe clever she is as it is aimed at much older children, but a great challenge for a bright child. Was recommended by school for my DD when she was 6

Campaspe Sun 27-Oct-13 17:02:11

My DD gets Storybox, which is the version for slightly younger readers. We both enjoy it and I would thoroughly recommend it. We are getting to the stage where she is ready for the next one up, and I am looking forward to seeing Adventure Box. (My DD is about to turn btw)

mindingalongtime Sun 27-Oct-13 16:21:10

Aquila is also brilliant, depends on how clever she is!

BornToFolk Sun 27-Oct-13 12:46:27

Thanks! I had looked at National Geographic which looks great, but very animal-focused and my niece is not particularly into animals.

mindingalongtime Sun 27-Oct-13 10:54:03

I used to get it for my minded children, you have reminded me of it, it was good, so I may look it out again. I now get National Geographic for kids, which is also good, there are offers round too.

BornToFolk Sat 26-Oct-13 18:54:26

I'm thinking about getting my niece a magazine subscription for Christmas. She'll be 6 and a half and is a confident reader who enjoys all kinds of stories, so I was looking for a magazine with some good length stories as well as puzzles etc and Adventure Box seems to fit the bill.

However, I've never seen a copy so I wasn't sure if it was any good. Does anyone know? Or if you can recommend other suitable magazines I'd appreciate it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now