Books for baby!

(6 Posts)
Jaz78 Thu 24-Oct-13 09:41:15

I have always loved reading and would love my little girl to have an interest in them too. At the moment she is 19 weeks old and I have started reading Dear Fatty by Dawn French to her. Is it too early to read to her? Should I choose something more age appropriate? What should I be reading?

PeterParkerSays Thu 24-Oct-13 09:49:09

Read anything to her - she'll love the sound of your voice and get used to the tone of reading aloud, the pauses etc. DS had to listen to Miss Read as I had a blitz on them when breastfeeding for hours, so your DD at least gets humourous material.

Ds loved the Hungry Caterpillar as he started to see colours, so any books with clear, bold colours will be good.

noblegiraffe Thu 24-Oct-13 09:53:48

That's not my dinosaur etc books are good for babies, or anything with textures. Your library will have a selection of books for babies.

TchaikovskyForTea Thu 24-Oct-13 12:31:25

I started reading Peepo to my son at that age and now he's a hulking teenager, I still have to read it to him when he's ill. (it's going to be his soft kitty isn't it...!!)

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 01-Nov-13 21:03:05

Agree, just read anything, she will love just being close and hearing your voice.

Dear zoo and the Thats not my... Series were popular here too.

bigbutsrus1 Mon 18-Nov-13 22:23:18

Our favourite baby book was "good night moon", its a really old book perfect for bedtime. Each page gets darker and lots if things that rhyme with "hush". Both my DC used to nod off whilst I read it to them! Also on every page there is a little mouse you have to try and spot. I have put it in our baby keep sakes box for when they're older.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now