Do you know a book about a girl who couldn't speak?

(11 Posts)
zzzzz Thu 26-Sep-13 01:40:15

Not horrible, sad-beautiful.

WafflyVersatile Thu 26-Sep-13 01:14:24

That sounds like a horrible book! sad

zzzzz Thu 26-Sep-13 01:07:18

Go rescue it immediately.

I've just ordered it off amazon.

WidowWadman Wed 25-Sep-13 23:01:42

I want to reread it now, but can't remember for the life of me where my copy is. probably in a box in my parents' loft sad

zzzzz Wed 25-Sep-13 22:44:59

YES! Thank you. thanks

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

zzzzz Wed 25-Sep-13 22:42:12

Not "WhenHitler Stole Pink Rabbit". (I must read that again too)

No they lived in blocks of flats facing each others windows. It was a real weepy. At the end she slipped back into her confusion. He came to say goodbye and she isn't know him just ripped up imaginary bits of paper.

When I was thirteen it was the most romantic thing I had ever read. grin

Then of course I sullied my brain with Lace, and Flowers in the Attic and Clan of the Cave Bear.

WidowWadman Wed 25-Sep-13 22:40:59

Alan & Naomi - just checked, definitely puppets in there. Ha.

WidowWadman Wed 25-Sep-13 22:37:58

Alan and Naomi by Myron Levoy? Not sure about puppets but it's been a long time since I read it.

Vecta Wed 25-Sep-13 22:34:26

Isn't the girl in When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit called Anna? I don't remember her not being able to speak though.

Yonihadtoask Wed 25-Sep-13 22:32:01

I don't know, sorry.

but am bumping for you.

zzzzz Wed 25-Sep-13 13:03:14

I read this in the early eighties about a boy who befriended a girl who had lost the ability to speak because her father had been taken away by the natzis. I would love to find it again. In my mind it was a preteen love story but they may have just been friends blush.

I think the girl was called Anna?? And they played with puppets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now