Any great ideas for books enjoyed by 6-8 year olds?

(31 Posts)
Judyandherdreamofhorses Fri 06-Sep-13 17:55:25

Looking for inspiration for reading with y2 and y3. Anything brilliant you can recommend? Thanks.

Dd1(8) enjoys Helen Moss Adventure Island Series - like famous 5 but with mobiles and email.

FourGates Fri 13-Sep-13 22:29:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jennymac Wed 18-Sep-13 13:30:33

The Cressida Cowell - How to train your dragon series - are very popular with my 2.

Taffeta Fri 20-Sep-13 19:20:17

My DD loved Ottoline and Bewilderwood books

IndianMummy Mon 23-Sep-13 10:48:55

Magic Tree House Series, Nina and the Travelling Spice Shed Series, Charlotte's Webb, Diary of the Killer Cat Series...

storyshacker Tue 24-Sep-13 17:13:26

I don't know whether you'd find this useful - take it or leave it but storyshack is a site which recommends books just like you are on here which is fab. The Agatha parrot books have been recommended for story shack by Ellie who is 8...I've started to read them and they're very funny. She is also a Mr. Gum fan. 'Flotsam and Jetsam" series by Tanya Landman is a lovely set of stories for this age.

http://www.storyshack.org/1/post/2013/09/ellie-recommends-agatha-parrot-so-storyshack-will-be-housing-some-copies-very-soon-thanks-ellie.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now