Brain picking time

(10 Posts)
MrsShrek3 Sat 27-Jul-13 00:25:19

dd had these
she loved them. also activity books, a fab combination!!

freetrait Sat 27-Jul-13 00:03:26

My DD enjoys the M and S ones. The newer ones they have made more phonic based, although I think she needs something between reading one word and reading the whole sentence!

There are also some Fireman Sam ones like that which I got in W H Smiths about a year ago.

Jenijena Thu 25-Jul-13 10:59:48

Ladybird Puddle Lane books were like that

wintersdawn Thu 25-Jul-13 08:31:01

thanks for the suggestions, think the farm yard tales are the closest to what I'm thinking of.

Periwinkle007 Wed 24-Jul-13 22:22:31

hmm the ones I was about to suggest have already been suggested - Usborne Apple Tree Farm and M&S ones

Marks and spencer books are like that and have most of the classic fairy tales.

Takver Wed 24-Jul-13 17:37:29

The Usborne Apple Tree Farm books are a bit like that - there's a short simple sentence at the top of the page, a full page picture, and then some longer text underneath.

The short sentences make up a story on their own if the dc are reading alone, the parents' text expands on it.

Heti Wed 24-Jul-13 16:55:39

Were they Ladybird Lets Read Together?

wintersdawn Wed 24-Jul-13 16:44:06

I remember from when I was little books that we used to read where on one side of the page was the parents story to read and on the other side was the kids story to read. These books were a great help with getting my brother to read as he got a story whilst learning but I can't find anything like it around now.
Does anyone have any idea what the books were called or if there's a modern equivalent?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now