Books about camping / cub camps

(4 Posts)
PeasandCucumbers Thu 13-Jun-13 19:33:25

My DS has struggled with literacy. He has now fully caught up with his reading but has a little way to go with writing. He loves camping and has just read The Claygate Hound based on a school trip. I would like some suggestions of similar books around this subject that he could read and then try to write a short story of his own, using the stories for inspiration.

All suggestions gratefully received

Takver Fri 14-Jun-13 09:10:00

How old is he? Would he like Swallows & Amazons, its kind of the ultimate camping story . . .

By my experience although they are old they still appeal - in fact dd's friend went to school dress up day as John only last week smile

Belugagrad Wed 19-Jun-13 08:54:47

S is for smores is very American but has simple text then more fact based text and lovely pics. If he's older maybe a bear grylls non fiction book?

PeasandCucumbers Sun 23-Jun-13 23:04:21

His reading is in line with his actual age now so the s is for s'mores book is a little young (though at least I know why a friend of mine calls toasted marshmallow s'mores now!!) and I was looking for a fiction story really though he does love Bear Grylls so they may be worth a look anyway

Thanks for the suggestions and taking the time to respond

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now