Book based in/around the Stone Age <<hopeful>& gt;

(8 Posts)
lurcherlover Fri 31-May-13 09:21:20

When I was a kid I loved Littlenose, if that's still in print? He was a Stone Age boy who had lots of adventures. I think it started out on Jackanory but I had the book.

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 31-May-13 09:17:39

Just sonething to engage really that we can have fun with, we just like having a focus it doesn't have to be educational.

oohaveabanana Fri 31-May-13 08:56:36

Stig of the dump would be great - although its only mildly educational I'd say, if that's what you're looking for? It's a fab book though, my two loved it at that age. And lots of opportunity to link into projects I'd say.

AtYourCervix Fri 31-May-13 08:53:33

Raymond Briggs. Ugg.

AtYourCervix Fri 31-May-13 08:51:04

Btonze age any good? Sun horse, moon horse about Uffington white horse.

Or The boy with the bronze axe; about skara brae in orkney.

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 31-May-13 08:49:00

Just googled that, it looks fantastic. The modern day and then time travelling back will work well. Thank you.

pod3030 Fri 31-May-13 08:42:32

stig of the dump?

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 31-May-13 08:40:15

We are looking for a story based in/around the Stone Age around which we can base out summer family project.

It needs to be suitable to share with DS1 who is 7 and will be starting yr 3 in Sept and DS2 who is 5 and will be in yr1. DS2 will listen to a short chapter book but we just want the story as our starting point.

Also, if there are any picture books for DS3 who is 2 although this is less pressing.

I imagine we might incorporate various ages as I can't imagine we can keep Stone Age going for long, maybe dinosaurs but ideally DS1 has asked to start with Dtobe Age.

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now