Book based in/around the Stone Age <<hopeful>&gt;

(8 Posts)
mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 31-May-13 08:40:15

We are looking for a story based in/around the Stone Age around which we can base out summer family project.

It needs to be suitable to share with DS1 who is 7 and will be starting yr 3 in Sept and DS2 who is 5 and will be in yr1. DS2 will listen to a short chapter book but we just want the story as our starting point.

Also, if there are any picture books for DS3 who is 2 although this is less pressing.

I imagine we might incorporate various ages as I can't imagine we can keep Stone Age going for long, maybe dinosaurs but ideally DS1 has asked to start with Dtobe Age.

Thanks everyone.

pod3030 Fri 31-May-13 08:42:32

stig of the dump?

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 31-May-13 08:49:00

Just googled that, it looks fantastic. The modern day and then time travelling back will work well. Thank you.

AtYourCervix Fri 31-May-13 08:51:04

Btonze age any good? Sun horse, moon horse about Uffington white horse.

Or The boy with the bronze axe; about skara brae in orkney.

AtYourCervix Fri 31-May-13 08:53:33

Raymond Briggs. Ugg.

oohaveabanana Fri 31-May-13 08:56:36

Stig of the dump would be great - although its only mildly educational I'd say, if that's what you're looking for? It's a fab book though, my two loved it at that age. And lots of opportunity to link into projects I'd say.

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 31-May-13 09:17:39

Just sonething to engage really that we can have fun with, we just like having a focus it doesn't have to be educational.

lurcherlover Fri 31-May-13 09:21:20

When I was a kid I loved Littlenose, if that's still in print? He was a Stone Age boy who had lots of adventures. I think it started out on Jackanory but I had the book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now