I've written a child aimed story...and I don't know how to get it out there?

(8 Posts)
schmalex Thu 06-Jun-13 06:38:53

Hi Kestrel. You don't need to illustrate it. A publisher will take on a picture book text and find an illustrator. I have a picture book coming out next year and I can't draw to save my life (luckily my illustrator can).

There are quite specific ways you need to format a manuscript so I would recommend taking a class or reading around the subject.

I'd really recommend this book for learning the craft of writing picture books:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1582975566

Or join the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI) for lots of support and industry contacts.

Or PM me if you'd like me to have a read!

Theselittlelightsofmine Sat 11-May-13 20:14:47

Feel free to PM me with details, would be happy to help a fellow writer smile

Theselittlelightsofmine Sat 11-May-13 20:14:38

Feel free to PM me with details, would be happy to help a fellow writer smile

Periwinkle007 Sat 11-May-13 19:56:01

I am no expert but I love kids books etc so happy to read something if you want me to.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 11-May-13 01:04:16

I've sent a reply Kestrel. smile

HoveringKestrel Sat 11-May-13 00:55:27

that would be excellent. I've inboxed you smile

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 11-May-13 00:48:21

I'd be happy to read it...this is a good place to start with regards to getting it out there as you'll get some honest feedback. I'm in the "trade" and wouldn't mind helping you out as I will do anything to avoid current task because I'm nice. smile

HoveringKestrel Sat 11-May-13 00:42:00

I have written two now, and they're more poems than anything (they rhyme) that tell a story,, but they're about animals and friendship and have a lesson in them (not a preachy lesson, just gentle...its nice to have friends kind of things).

Would anybody be interested in reading it? I would love to have illustrations with it but I work full time and just don;t have the time to be that creative.

But honestly this is what I love to do. Write. So how do I get it out there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now