Good books about buses???

(7 Posts)
shugfish Tue 16-Apr-13 22:55:28

My DS is 3 and completely obsessed with buses at present
Can anyone recommend any good bus books? i have had a look on amazon but can't see anything that catches my eye.

TIA

Helium321 Wed 17-Apr-13 14:16:52

Not a book but we recently found a fab show called 'tayo the little bus'. There are a few episodes on YouTube, I think it's South Korean but we found English translations of the show. Our LO loves buses but there never seems to be many things on them, but he loves this show now. Just a shame its not widely shown.

DuchessofMalfi Wed 17-Apr-13 19:15:01

How about Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus? I've heard good things about it, although we haven't yet read it.

HappyHippyChick Wed 17-Apr-13 19:17:57

Don't let the pigeon drive the bus is great, but more about the pigeon than the bus grin

HappyHippyChick Wed 17-Apr-13 19:30:17

I would still recommend it though!

tabbycat7 Tue 23-Apr-13 13:28:46

Naughty Bus. A lovely picture book about a toy bus. Also some bus companies do bus story books. We've got Ernie Excel Goes to School from Konectbus of Dereham, Norfolk and Plymouth City Bus do some too.

DeWe Tue 23-Apr-13 14:24:42

I think it was called "Big Bus" It was a card book child I nannied loved:
"There's a double decker called big bus
It goes round town without any fuss

Aong by the shops and on to the park
Happy in the sun shine, happy in the dark

Happy in the rain, happy in the snow
Always cheerful always on the go!"

I think there was another rhyme in the middle too of similar cringiness. wink

It had the advantage that after you'd read it two or three times I could "read" it while doing another job/with my eyes shut/without the book anywhere is sight...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now