Has anyone had a book published / dealt with an agent?

(28 Posts)
TelephoneTree Tue 26-Mar-13 22:25:39

I've written 'a thing' and sent off to various agents etc as one does. 2 months later one comes back with 'thanks for the query letter and synopsis - please send a more detailed synopsis and 3 sample chapters'. Which I did. When should I hear back do you think?

TelephoneTree Wed 27-Mar-13 23:09:19

Actually yes that's very true. Our working lives are quite a substantial block of time! I'm not sure that I will ever retire officially though I must say. I've always been in healthcare (lab based research, then cardiac surgery) but am now an Osteopath.

I've always tinkered at crafts, writing and music so those are my free time activities. There are so many fun things to do but they're all so time consuming!

TelephoneTree Wed 27-Mar-13 23:17:33

Thank you for your answers - very helpful being able to just ask someone who knows!

BenthamFriday Thu 28-Mar-13 10:20:56

Brilliant stuff! Am always so impressed with people who write etc, as if working in publishing has taught me me thing, it's that I don't have a book in me - it's hard!

Good luck with it all. Hope it goes well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now