Book for 2 yr old with nice dragons

(38 Posts)
KelleStar Mon 25-Mar-13 11:43:33

MiL has been telling DD about scary dragons. She now wakes regularly at night now saying bad dreams mummy, dragons eat me up.

So can anyone help me find a book, preferably a board book, about nice friendly dragons, suitable for a 2.3 year old.

"Three cheers, Charlie Dragon!" is quite popular with my 2 year old. Although she currently has Gruffalo fever. smile

That's not my dragon.

Devora Fri 05-Apr-13 00:23:47

The Worst Princess. May be a bit old for 2 - my 3yo is just beginning to enjoy it. Basically a feminist fable in which the princess ditches her prince and runs off with a playful dragon instead.

AvrilPoisson Fri 05-Apr-13 00:26:29

Knight Time is lovely and gentle, about how people are scared of dragons, but dragons are also scared of people, and then they all make friends. It is very sweet.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Fri 05-Apr-13 00:31:36

Idris the dragon from Ivor The Engine is a lovely friendly dragon - not a board book unfortunately, but appealing enough to conquer any fear!

iseenodust Fri 05-Apr-13 11:34:14

Custard the dragon by Ogden Nash. Who couldn't do with some Ogden Nash in their life ?

confusedgirlfromtheShire Fri 05-Apr-13 21:45:23

Just had a quick check on Amazon and you can get the Zog story as a board book for under a fiver!

We love it in our house. My DS has had it since just after he turned two and he is obsessed with it, particular the bit where a bear appears to be biting Zog's tail. The illustrations are nice and the dragons all look friendly and a bit dopey - nothing to upset your DD here. Also a great message, particularly for little girls, in there too.

Periwinkle007 Fri 05-Apr-13 22:04:25

again again - erm can't remember the author and someone might have already suggested it - haven't scrolled through. lovely book

Periwinkle007 Fri 05-Apr-13 22:05:19

or there is a book - tell me a story daddy, again can't think of author. I bought it in a discount bookshop and it is a little girl and a daddy making up a story about her dragon toys

StoickTheVast Mon 08-Apr-13 21:29:31

Look what I Found in Dragon Wood

Custard the Bubble blowing Dragon

birdandbee Mon 08-Apr-13 21:31:50

What about Florrie's Dragons? It's a TV program but I'm sure there must be a book??

monkeymamma Thu 11-Apr-13 22:14:55

George's Dragon by Claire Freedman! It's about a very, very nice dragon indeed. No one could be scared of dragons after reading it!

DuchessofMalfi Fri 12-Apr-13 12:49:03

We've got this one at home - The Princess and the Dragon which is about a wild princess and a gentle ballet and music loving dragon who swap roles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now