Seeking hidden messages for children's stories

(4 Posts)
Catmint Fri 15-Mar-13 12:25:45

I couldn't agree more with the post about non conformity. Another one for me would be about learning to take responsibility for your decisions and actions.

fuzzpig Thu 14-Mar-13 13:11:47

Sounds like a great project! smile

A really important one for me is non-conformity, particularly when it comes to gender! I steer clear of picture books about being a princess etc - I'd rather see books about a girl getting muddy and bug hunting etc - I guess basically an "it's ok to be yourself" type theme? And in a similar vein, a book about accepting other people who are (for whatever reason) different.

MissWooWoo Thu 14-Mar-13 12:55:59

I always think it's important to try to be kind to others - this also extends to animals

RachelG2013 Thu 14-Mar-13 12:21:20

A friend of mine would like to write and put together a collection of children's educational stories. We were discussing the content and wondering what other mums would consider the most important messages to convey to young children. I like my little boy reading stories that teach him things like 'do not talk to strangers' 'always tell the truth' etc. Could anyone offer their opinion?
many thanks,
Rachel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now