Comic books for 6yo - Tintin/Asterix/somet hing else?

(6 Posts)
Dromedary Tue 12-Mar-13 23:37:27

My DCs get The Phoenix as an annual subscription, from doting relative. Apparently you can also get it from Waitrose. See thephoenixcomic.co.uk

MegBusset Tue 12-Mar-13 23:26:37

I've never heard of The Phoenix, can you get it in shops?

I'm off to the library in the morning so will have a rifle through the Asterix/Tintin section smile

Iamcountingto3 Tue 12-Mar-13 23:05:15

My ds (also a big Beano fan) loves Asterix - start with Asterix the Gaul as that sets up the characters, and then just go with whatever themes he's interested in - Asterix in Britain is amusing for cultural stereotypes but might need a bit of explanation. We have tintin & he's less keen. He also has a load of old (70s, 80s) Beano & Dandy annuals & Garfield books picked up in car boots which have been worth their weight in gold - might be worth a look?

Dromedary Tue 12-Mar-13 23:01:31

There's a weekly comic called the Phoenix, which is very good.

SqueakyCleanNameChange Tue 12-Mar-13 22:57:43

The joy of libraries is that you can grab a handful, wave them under his nose and see what he reckons. Judging from my DCs I think there's a fair chance he'd like either Asterix, or Tin Tin, or both, but if he doesn't <shrug> you've lost nothing.

Can't really think of anything else suitable for a 6 year old though I'm afraid. There are some half-decent Star Wars Clone Wars comics which might be worth a try, and some comic adaptations of novels, eg The Hobbit.

MegBusset Tue 12-Mar-13 22:47:56

DS1 (6yo) loves comics especially the Beano, I'm wondering if he might enjoy something along the lines of Tintin or Asterix. Can anyone recommend any particular stories that would be good to start him off with - our library has a huge stash but I don't really know where to start! Any other recommendations welcome smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now