Right, name the book for me please!

(8 Posts)
saintmerryweather Sun 17-Feb-13 16:58:06

whose point of view was it told from? it wasnt the jinny and shantih books was it? thats about a girl and her chestnut mare but it was a series

HazelDormouse Sun 17-Feb-13 10:08:45

Is it by Roberta Piper - Little Red?
compare.ebay.co.uk/like/380575426647?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0
If so, it is also on AbeBooks.co.uk

IsThatTrue Sun 17-Feb-13 08:41:09

Nope not that one seeker, that doesn't look like something a 10 yr old should read! shock

lljkk Sun 17-Feb-13 08:40:03

there's a children's song by the same name, says Professor Google.

IsThatTrue Sun 17-Feb-13 08:39:25

Nope, thanks for trying.

I'm trying desperately to remember some more details, I'm sure it was a young girl looking after the horse/pony.

Oh this is going to bug me!

seeker Sun 17-Feb-13 08:37:56

Was it incredibly sad, harrowing and did it scar you for life? If so it was "The Red Pony" by Steinbeck.

<not bitter at all. Oh no, not me. I just happen to hate my uncle Ted. Nothing to do with him giving me this book for my 10th birthday. No, just a coincidence......"

VBisme Sun 17-Feb-13 08:34:00

The little red horse by Ruth sawyer?

IsThatTrue Sun 17-Feb-13 08:00:17

When I was young I read a book about a young horse/pony. I'm pretty sure it was a one off not a series. And I was sure it was called 'Little Red' but I can't find it anywhere. sad

And I have a shite memory and can't remember anymore details.

So anyone remember a book with a horse called little red? That was definitely what the horse was called even if the book wasn't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now