Right, name the book for me please!

(8 Posts)
IsThatTrue Sun 17-Feb-13 08:00:17

When I was young I read a book about a young horse/pony. I'm pretty sure it was a one off not a series. And I was sure it was called 'Little Red' but I can't find it anywhere. sad

And I have a shite memory and can't remember anymore details.

So anyone remember a book with a horse called little red? That was definitely what the horse was called even if the book wasn't!

VBisme Sun 17-Feb-13 08:34:00

The little red horse by Ruth sawyer?

seeker Sun 17-Feb-13 08:37:56

Was it incredibly sad, harrowing and did it scar you for life? If so it was "The Red Pony" by Steinbeck.

<not bitter at all. Oh no, not me. I just happen to hate my uncle Ted. Nothing to do with him giving me this book for my 10th birthday. No, just a coincidence......"

IsThatTrue Sun 17-Feb-13 08:39:25

Nope, thanks for trying.

I'm trying desperately to remember some more details, I'm sure it was a young girl looking after the horse/pony.

Oh this is going to bug me!

lljkk Sun 17-Feb-13 08:40:03

there's a children's song by the same name, says Professor Google.

IsThatTrue Sun 17-Feb-13 08:41:09

Nope not that one seeker, that doesn't look like something a 10 yr old should read! shock

HazelDormouse Sun 17-Feb-13 10:08:45

Is it by Roberta Piper - Little Red?
compare.ebay.co.uk/like/380575426647?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0
If so, it is also on AbeBooks.co.uk

saintmerryweather Sun 17-Feb-13 16:58:06

whose point of view was it told from? it wasnt the jinny and shantih books was it? thats about a girl and her chestnut mare but it was a series

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now