Publish or not?

(2 Posts)
PriscillaLydiaSellon Thu 17-Jan-13 14:49:52

I am a children's writer, and have never self-published, so can't help on that score. I hope someone else can!

I'm trying to find a nice way to say this, so forgive me if it sounds harsh. Your email suggests that you would need an editor/proofreader with a good eye for grammar and syntax. If the stories are great and you can match yourself up with such a person, it might work. Even if you're proposing to self-publish, the English has to be spot on. Good luck!

Zees Thu 17-Jan-13 14:44:30

I have been writing stories for many years for my own enjoyment but recently allowed friends and families to read 1 of my stories about a boy and dog who have adventures of the old fashioned kind like getting muddy and wet, climbing trees, camping and a host of other activities. The adults seem to think I should have it published but I am unable to find a friendly publisher so am thinking about self publishing. At the moment I am scared that I will lose my money which I can ill afford ( I don't want to make a fortune from my writing just want people to enjoy reading them) so wondered if I was to put the 1 st chapter on here if anyone would give me feedback. What I need to know is it something strangers would enjoy, the age group that would enjoy it and should it be paperback or e book. Can anybody help me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now