Children,s classic collections

(5 Posts)
stella1w Thu 10-Jan-13 20:48:06

When i was small my family used to get me books from a collection with matching red covers it was all the classics but has long since disappeared.
Does anyone know of anything similar pref hardback with a few illustrations? Dd is v into books and that,s what people usually get her, so i thought starting a collection would be nice.

piprabbit Thu 10-Jan-13 23:44:47

The Folio Society publish some beautiful children's book here, but they are very expensive.

stella1w Fri 11-Jan-13 18:27:42

Yes, i have been admiring folio but they are so expensive they would end up as special, don,t touch kind of books...and i want family to be able to contribute books too...

BikeRunSki Fri 11-Jan-13 18:33:50

You need nickelbabe, she has a book shop! I know the kind of thing you mean, i think i have seen something similar in The Book People.,Along the same lines, DS (4) has a set of all the AA Milne books and DD has a set of matching books where each one is a different chapter of Alice in Wonderland/Looking Glass. it's lovely.

piprabbit Fri 11-Jan-13 23:23:37

You could also have a look on the Penguin Books website, they do lots of children's classics with similar (but not identical) jackets. They might suit you better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now