Book about politics/government for a 6yo

(3 Posts)
MrsJohnDeere Tue 20-Nov-12 15:07:56

Has anyone seen anything that might explain in fairly simple terms government, politics etc. I've seen the DK 'who's in charge' book, but it isn't quite what I want.

Absolutely has to include something about American government. Ds1 and I are doing a tour of Capitol Hill in a few weeks time and I'm looking for something that will help to explain what it's all about better than my hopeless efforts based on Wikipedia

Himalaya Tue 20-Nov-12 15:13:52

Try these, although i am not sure how much a 6 year old will get out of a tour of Capitol hill.

The Smithsonian museums are good though.

I haven't, but DS was about 6 when he went round the Houses of Parliament....thoroughly enjoyed it, and is pretty politically aware for a small boy. His uncle is an MP, and he loved meeting Chukka Umana....he was very excited that his Granny emailed David Cameron about the fact that Lambeth didn't have a school place for him.....

He also loved going to vote (with me) last year. I suspect the finer points of our democracy have escaped him though.

If someone does have a book, I had better take note!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now