Books for a 1 year old girl?

(11 Posts)
CherryBlossom27 Fri 28-Sep-12 18:27:01

Hi everyone,

I'm on the search for a book for a 1 year old girl, I'm trying to find something a bit more girly as she has a big brother and I don't want to give her something he might already have. Has anyone got any recommendations?

TIA

OwedToAutumn Fri 28-Sep-12 18:29:12

Why so worried about "girly"?

Those "That's not my ......." are good for little ones. Very tactile.

CherryBlossom27 Fri 28-Sep-12 18:49:21

So her big brother won't have it already smile as she's being passed all his baby books and I don't want her to get a double.

Happiestinwellybobs Fri 28-Sep-12 18:57:57

My DD enjoys that's not my fairy and that's not my pony - as well as Dear Zoo, Whose mouth is this? and many many others....

cakebar Fri 28-Sep-12 19:00:35

My DD loves Lulu books by Camilla Reid.

thehamburglar Fri 19-Oct-12 22:37:21

My DD loves the Meg & Mog Books. Redhouse are doing a set of 10 for £9.99 at the moment.

Anything new by Julia Donaldson will be appreciated in due course.

HappyTurquoise Sat 20-Oct-12 23:23:25

Check out Barefoot Books.

ATourchOfInsanity Sat 20-Oct-12 23:26:44

The Tiger Who Came To Tea is DD(14mo's) fave boot atm. Dear Zoo and It's Mine! All high up there. Be warned, the lion on It's Mine will probably be mawled and I now feel quite sorry for the toothy feline attempting to Roar! at DD by the end! Board books deffo the way to go still though - any paper will be ripped within nanoseconds smile

MoonlightandWerewolves Sat 20-Oct-12 23:39:21

The boardbook version of I took the Moon for A Walk (Barefoot Books) could work. Also, In the Night Kitchen or maybe one of the Emily Gravett books? Blue Chameleon, Monkey and Me and Again were particularly popular around here at that stage.

Onadietcolabreak Tue 23-Oct-12 23:12:36

Was about to post my own thread exactly like yours OP wink
My DD2 (20 mnths) has all DS chewed well loved old baby books, so I want to get her something that is just her's.
they both love the thats not my..... books, so if you don't have them, another recommendation here.

Watching with interest [Grin]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now