Please tell me about Lemony Snicket?

(4 Posts)
Beanbagz Thu 13-Sep-12 14:34:21

Will DD (10) and DS (7) both be able to read them? Are they all stand alone books or do i need to buy a series? Whay should i buy them?

Also i've been looking at the audiobooks on Ebay. Anyone have any experience of these? Are they well read? Entertaining enough for a 400 mile round trip by car?

singersgirl Thu 13-Sep-12 16:07:14

Your 10 year old almost certainly. Depends how good a reader your 7 year old is - they are very funny, the first ones particularly, but sophisticated language etc (though it is often explained).

dontgobacktorockville Thu 20-Sep-12 18:00:02

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events has become very popular in our house. It's a series of 13 books. DD, 7, nearly 8, started them a few months ago, and loves them. We do a bit of me reading/her reading. They are funny and dark humoured. Language stretches dd, but she gets the gist. Would def recommend. Not heard the audio versions - but the stories are pretty gripping, could def work for a car journey.

Considering buying these for ds. He is very chilled about reading scary stuff and doesn't get freaked out e.g. by the latter Harry Potters or darker Dahls. But how scary/ sad are these in comparison?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now