Life after diary of a whimpy kid?

(8 Posts)
residentalien Wed 07-Nov-12 13:01:49

My 9 year old just finished the How to Train Your Dragon series by Cressida Cowell. There are 10 books and he loved them all, talking about reading them again if we can't find another series that grabs him.

madamehooch Sat 03-Nov-12 11:32:55

David Walliams.

TafferineWheel Sat 03-Nov-12 10:48:52

Have ordered a Middle School and a World of Norm, many thanks MissKeith. thanks

DS (9) is a reluctant fiction reader, he liked Jake Cake and Mr Gum but not Tom Gates.

Fingers crossed.......

The 'Middle School' books by James Patterson. (Well known author who had to 'persuade' his own son to read) so these were written specifically for 9 year old boys grin

Also second the Tom Gates suggestion.

There's also World of Norm (or some such title?) can't check as DS has that one at school with him today!

derekthehamster Tue 11-Sep-12 14:40:38

My son is also re reading the Tom Gates books. He loves them

CarouselHorse Tue 11-Sep-12 14:39:35

here - there is a website too...

CarouselHorse Tue 11-Sep-12 14:35:41

DS2 (9) is currently reading the three Tom Gates books by Liz Pichon - they're a bit of a rip off very similar to Wimpy Kid...he is enjoying them

tiggy114 Tue 11-Sep-12 14:31:42

My son has read and loved them all. He then went on to captain underpants and big nate. Both 'comic' style books. We now don't know what to get next. He will read horrud henry but thats only because henry's a bit naughty. He doesn't have the patience for proper books and prefers the funny cartoony type. He's 9. Anyone got any ideas on what next?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now