Does anyone own Rebecca's World by Terry Nation?

(37 Posts)
MajorMajor Wed 11-Jul-12 21:47:50

Long shot -
I have an old copy of this book from my childhood & was thinking about reading it to my two sons. I've just found though that it's missing the first 8 pages! (Most of chapter 1). Is there anyone who can help - give me an overview of what happens at the beginning? It's out of print otherwise I'd buy a new copy, but there does seem to be a CD out there so someone might be able to tell me what happens before Rebecca falls into the telescope?

thanks!

drjohnsonscat Tue 17-Jul-12 09:44:40

The one with the Larry Learmonth illustrations is the one to look out for I think.

moonblushtomato Wed 18-Jul-12 20:12:53

Yes I've got a copy!! DH got me a copy from ebay for £25ish, I think, for my 40th birthday.

I loooooved it as a child, though haven't got round to re-reading it. Its currently nestling in my "Special Things" box.

amberm1998 Sun 29-Jul-12 20:30:29

im posting to say thanks, i am 14yrs old and slightly confused as to how i got onto this website but i signed up just to say thankyou! i read rebeccas world when i was 7yrs old, despite it giving me months of nightmares and me being terified to look at stars for a while just incase i end up stuck on one of them, i have been searching for it ever since. i didnt remember the title, only the basic story line and for 7 years i racked my brains, finaly, this morning i was giving googe another grilling when i stummbled across a picture of the cover, i recognised it instantly! for around 10 mins i just sat their staring at my computer screen and at one point i may have had tears! i wasted no time at all on purchasing a copy but i was having trouble finding one at a practical price, i spent another 4 hours combing through websites (i agree it was a waste of a lovely sunday and now i have a terribe headache from staring at the computer screen!) but lo and behold i found this one! i found a great link instantly and had purchased myself a copy within 5 mins, thankyou so much for your help, the book ment so much to me as it was read to me by my grandma sad i absolutly cant wait until 1-3 days time when my long awaited package will have arrived!! x

redrosette Sun 29-Jul-12 21:20:59

ahhhhhh, my favourite kid's book! I read it over and over and over. Can't wait to introduce it to my daughter.

RebeccaNation Mon 29-Jul-13 03:44:38

Many thanks to all of you for posting your marvelous comments about the book! It's deeply touching to hear how many of you have enjoyed and loved the book over the years as I have. My father would have been be delighted to hear all your wonderful memories about it.

Should any of you have unanswered questions about Rebecca's World, please feel free to respond to me here, or at rebeccasworld.book@gmail.com

I will endeavor to respond to as many inquiries as possible.

Respectfully,

Rebecca

Quangle Mon 29-Jul-13 20:06:52

Gosh, v excited to see this thread again with a connection to the author!

Loved this book and am just biding my time till I introduce it to DD. I've made the mistake of introducing some of my favourites to her too soon (she's only 6 and didn't enjoy the first chapter of the Little Princess or the Animal Family so we have given up on those for now). She will love Rebecca's World when the time is right.

I own a copy as I taught it as a text to my first ever class as a teacher in the year 2000. It is a great book, so funny and exciting. I loved reading it to them. smile

BaconAndAvocado Tue 30-Jul-13 22:17:46

Yes I do! DH bought a copy for me as I loved it so much as a child.

It is very very special to me.

He got it from ebay for £25.

BaconAndAvocado Tue 30-Jul-13 22:19:16

Wow! Just seen Rebecca's post. Wonderful!!

Patchouli Tue 30-Jul-13 22:28:52

Cor that's quite some bump smile

FCEK Fri 02-Aug-13 14:31:32

Omg i lived this book and borrowed it from the library countless times. Must find a cheap copy

Quangle Sun 29-Sep-13 14:23:31

Just reporting back that I just read Rebecca's World to DD (nearly 7). She absolutely loved it and cant stop talking about it. Best book ever, she says grin. Makes me very happy that we shared it..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now