Book about geology etc for a 4-year old?

(4 Posts)
geologymum Mon 17-Mar-14 20:02:39

Only just seen your question, so you probably aren't in need, but I would recommend How The Earth Works by Christiane Dorion - a beautiful book and full of content. DS's (a geology obsessive) favourite book. Hope that helps! I would also recommend Rockwatch, the nationwide club for young geologists. Find us online:
FB: https://www.facebook.com/rockatrockwatch
Twitter: @rockwatchclub
Web: www.rockwatch.org.uk/

You could try the "Eyewitness Guide" series - I know there's a "rock and minerals" one - there are loads of them in the set and they are really lovely books. We had quite a few when I homeschooled one of the DCs.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 25-Jun-12 16:52:50

Sorry, no help, but avidly watching to see if anyone recommends something smile

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 25-Jun-12 16:49:59

Does anyone know of a good book about geology, plate tectonics, glaciers etc that I could get for DS1? (He will be 4 next month)

We were on holiday recently and went to a spot where a lovely U-shaped valley had been created, and there was a brilliant board with lovely drawings and descriptions of how it had happened. It really captured his imagination, and he has kept asking DH and I to tell him about it over and over.

I really want to get him a lovely book about it, but I can't find anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now