Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Sibling discounts and contracts for 2 siblings?

(8 Posts)
JennyPenny23 Fri 21-May-10 09:05:13

Do you do them? If so, how much?

I am speaking to somebody about having her 2 after school children and haven't discussed charges yet. I have a set fee per hour usually but I am sure she will ask if I do a sibling discount. On one hand, it seems so expensive for her if I chrage her double, so a sibling discount would be more affordable, but on the other hand, I am still loosing both the vancancies and couldn't take on more children in that time?

Haven't actually met her yet but just want to be prepared when I do.

Also, do you have 2 seperate contracts for the 2 siblings? Or do you have one for both?

one contract per child

no discount for siblings for the reasons you gave

JennyPenny23 Fri 21-May-10 09:36:00

OK thanks!

smile

HSMM Fri 21-May-10 12:27:56

I don't do discounts for siblings, because 2 children from the same family are a greater business risk than 2 from separate families, because, if they leave, they leave together. So ... for siblings I double the notice period. No-one has ever had any problem with this.

gawd yy you said about doubling the notice period last week HSMM, that is such good advice

Yeah no discount here either. You do the same work and provide the same care.

Good idea that HSMM might do that in future if I get any more sibblies.

JennyPenny23 Fri 21-May-10 14:41:36

Great point there! I think I am quite cheap anyway so hopefully it won't matter too much.

Thanks for all the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now