This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My childminder in St. Albans has vacancies and she's amazing!

(10 Posts)
maplesugar Wed 20-Aug-08 13:56:54

I've just had to let my childminder go because of a change in my circumstances (very sad!!) It was really horrible and we were both tearful because she's become really important to us, but now she's got space available for 2 kids and I wanted to put the word out for her because she's SO fantastic. We've been with her for 2+ years and we all really love her. My DS has grown into a delightful, intelligent, interesting little boy and I know that that is largely due to the time he's spent with her. If you are looking for childcare and are in the St. Albans area, please let me know and I would be happy to put you in touch.

alibubbles Thu 21-Aug-08 13:32:50

She won't have any problem filling them, I have had 10 enquiries this week. I am in St Albans, demand far exceeds supply. I could give her no end of people looking for places, and some with siblings too.

maplesugar Thu 21-Aug-08 14:33:50

That's fantastic if you could send some of them her way! How can we do this? Should I just give you her details? I don't know if it's improper to post them here or is that ok?

alibubbles Thu 21-Aug-08 15:06:33

Email me alison@think-small.co.uk with her details, if she is happy to-

Does she want full or part time, age preference, which area of St Albans, ( some people want to know because of the station) which schools/ nurseries will she pick up from if necessary.

Does she attend any groups, how long has she been minding? Does she provide cooked lunch?

I may know your childminder as I have mentored over 50! I also ran the county association and put on training and activity days for over 10 years!

Carnac Tue 26-Aug-08 12:47:58

Hi,
Sorry to interupt your conversation.... I'm looking for a childminder in St Albans to do the school run from January onwards, for 1 child to Skyswood School in Jersey Farm, and possibly the after school pick up too.... Could you recommend anyone, or even help me with where to start? I can't even seem to find any useful listings.

Many Thanks

alibubbles Wed 27-Aug-08 09:33:50

The school should have a listing of childminders who pick up and drop off as they are part of the schools consortium.

Ask the school secretary, ask at the parents meeting for new children if anyone knows a local childminder, when you are given the opportunity to raise queries. Someone might come forward at the end of the meeting.

Put an ad up in Fleetville chiidrens centre, which is where childminders go, and they also put up their vacancies.

Carnac Wed 27-Aug-08 20:45:09

Thank You so much, I'm new to the area, so your help is much appreciated. Will follow up on all your suggestions.

stellabgh Tue 02-Sep-08 22:20:43

I agree that she won't have a problem filling the places. I'm in St Albans too and have plenty of enquiries. Nice of you to post this for her though

mavesonzini Tue 13-Sep-16 11:57:20

Hello! Have you found a CM to pick up and drop off? I am currently looking for one to pick up my kids and drop off in St. John Fisher, which is across the street from Skyswood School. smile

CarBumper Tue 13-Sep-16 12:03:48

have this thread is 8 years old, I'm guessing they sorted it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now