This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

****Nannies looking for work thread - add yourself on!****

(264 Posts)

I am a nanny who is Surestart approved. I am looking for a part time position in the Croydon and surrounding areas (any day apart from Wednesdays). I am CRB checked, first aid trained and have many years of experience.

If interested, please email croydonnanny@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Scunnie Tue 28-Apr-09 22:27:37

Hi

We have three wonderful children aged 6, 8 and 11 and require a fun experienced person for after school care and school holiday cover. They also need to be happy doing light housework, ironing and cooking during school hours. Child related activities include - homework, swimming, piano, baking, being creative and inspirational to the children.
If you are interested please email me on briege.kearney@blue-sky.co.uk.

Many thanks

WantManualForKids Wed 29-Apr-09 08:08:06

Natalie - no675 / others,

Much like Scunnie, we too are looking for a nanny. Two children aged 4 & 7. Some housework / household mgt needed as well.

Here's the catch - we live in Switzerland.

Immediate start possible.

contact me on jeremy . clements @ ubs.com if you'd like to know more...

kirlou Wed 29-Apr-09 19:12:45

Hi,
I am looking for a part time live out position (felxible on days and hours). I have 4 years childcare experience 3 months-5 years and 6 years babysitting experience with children aged nb-9. I have a level 2 gnvq in health and social care and i am studying my level 3 btec in childcare at present. i also have first aid and excellent references.

I am looking for work in surrey or sw london (based in mitcham)

Please email on khoy86@hotmail.co.uk for CV or more info.

Thanks in advance.

NorthEastNanny Sat 02-May-09 14:18:42

I now have a website:
www.nurtureandlove.com

Melinda76 Sat 02-May-09 14:31:26

Qualified Maternity Nurse/Experienced Nanny looking for new position from September. I live in Chelmsford and am looking for a full-time (part-time considered) Nanny position in Essex. Ofsted registered, Paediatric Frist Aid certificate, CRB checked, own car, good references.

Experienced with age groups from newborn to 21 years old, gained through work as a teacher, Social Care Worker in an adolescent residential unit, night nanny and nursery nurse.

Please contact me if interested. I am also interested in a Maternity Nurse position if it starts in September.

Thanks.

minnieminx Sat 02-May-09 21:57:41

Qualified Nanny, with 13 years experience with newborns+

Looking for a 4 or 5 day per week in Hampshire - Fareham and surrounding areas.

Will also consider a Live-In Position in London,Monday-Friday returning home every weekend. I have previously lived and worked in London.

Current CRB, OFSTED registered ,first aid,child protection and driver with own car. Excellent References.

CV available upon request.

ascanlon@ntlworld.com

woollyjumper Sun 03-May-09 09:07:04

I am a qualified nanny looking for work in central Cambridge. Please leave me a message if you would like any more info.

cinnamondanish Sun 03-May-09 10:47:51

Hi there,
I'm a qualified nanny with 15 years experience looking after children from 3 months to 9 years. I've worked full time with up to 3 children at a time and also done proxy parenting.
I'm a true professional and give myself fully to the children I look after as it builds a great bond between them, myself and the parents.
I'm OFSTED registered, have first aid, can drive, I'm a good cook, I have a great cv and brilliant checkable references.
I'm fun, energetic, reliable and completely trustworthy and capable.
I'm looking for work in the North London area Mon - Fri only, no weekends.
I can start asap.
That's just the highlights to find out more about me and ask any questions please email me on nannyjobs@hotmail.co.uk

BofftheToff Sun 17-May-09 18:43:01

Woollyjumper, I am just south of the city centre if you are interested (ten minutes from Addenbrookes), and looking for someone for kids aged 5 months, 8 and 11 from September. NannyNick and Blondes have even approved my job specification and salary proposal! grin You can email me for a copy of the ad at boffinmum at hotmail dot co dot uk if you are interested. We are interviewing on 24 May.

BofftheToff Sun 17-May-09 18:44:00

Sorry it's BoffinMum btw, did a name change for an in joke on the postnatal thread and forgot how to change it back. shock

carloulee Sun 17-May-09 21:46:07

Hi,
We are a young family with two lovely boys one aged 7 and one of 4 months in Chessington (KT9).
I'm returning to work after maternity leave soon and am looking for part time live-out child care for two days a week preferably Monday and Tuesdays. I will be out to work in the mornings until around 1pm, (my office is literally 2 mins away so can be home straight away if needed) and will work from home in the afternoons. We're an easy-going family and as long as the kids are happy so are we.

Hours will be from 8.15am-5.30pm Monday-Thursday (punctuality& flexibility a must)
Salary £104 cash in hand for a 2 day week + 4 weeks paid holiday a year - if you would prefer not to receive cash in hand wage is £6 an hour. The pay we are offering may seem slightly lower than some others but we don't require any housework or cooking done with the exception of my youngest's lunch.

If you are interested or would like any further details please contact Carina on

hattenhall@yahoo.co.uk or 020 8397 5266

Hope to hear from you soon

nannynick Sun 17-May-09 22:07:59

carloulee - please comply with UK taxation legislation. Stating on a public website that you will pay £104 cash in hand for someone to work 18.5 hours a week is not wise, IMO.

You should also note that statutory Holiday Entitlement is 5.6 weeks... which can include Bank Holidays.

carloulee Sun 17-May-09 22:13:44

Sorry, we're confused about this aspect as we were advised that you only became an employer (by way of tax paying etc) if you paid over £105 a week we thought that as £104 is still within minimum wage this was ok?
Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry to be a pain.

nannynick Sun 17-May-09 22:24:56

The Lower Earnings Limit is £95 for 2009/10 tax year. Source: HMRC PAYE Basics. National Minimum Wage varies depending on the persons age. Someone aged 22+ would be entitled to £5.73 per hour currently... so if 18.5 hours per week, that is £106.01 NMW is due to increase soon... can't locate details of what it will rise to, or when.

nannynick Sun 17-May-09 22:29:51

I would suggest changing your advert such that it just says that you will pay £6 gross per hour - if that is the amount you are proposing to pay. That is currently just above NMW for all categories. (You will need to post your message again, then report your original ad to Mumsnet to request removal.)

carloulee Sun 17-May-09 22:31:52

Thanks nannynick will do that, my head's all over the place with this stuff - we didn't realise until very recently we were going to need a nanny and it all seems to be a bit of a blind panic now!! blush
thanks again for your help

BofftheToff Sun 17-May-09 22:34:24

<slight hijack>

Funny when you put it like that, NannyNick. I've just worked out that when I go back to work in September, I'll be working for the equivalent of £3.83 an hour after childcare costs. £3.56 if you take away commuting costs as well. sad That is what I earned in my summer job at Waterstones as a student in summer 1989.

<sticks fingers in ears> Lalalala!

nannynick Sun 17-May-09 22:40:42

carloulee - Good news though, looks like you will be able to use Simplified PAYE as you will be paying less than £160 per week. Gosh this PAYE stuff is such fun!

BofftheToff - ah but that amount is AFTER deducting childcare costs. NMW doesn't take account of that, or commuting costs.

BofftheToff Sun 17-May-09 22:44:04

Ah, but I have a dream ... of a place where childcare is free and commuting instant and cheap ... <sighs>

carloulee Mon 18-May-09 20:21:48

Hi,
We are a young family with two lovely boys one aged 7 and one of 4 months in Chessington (KT9).
I'm returning to work after maternity leave soon and am looking for part time live-out child care for two days a week preferably Monday and Tuesdays. I will be out to work in the mornings until around 1pm, (my office is literally 2 mins away so can be home straight away if needed) and will work from home in the afternoons. We're an easy-going family and as long as the kids are happy so are we.

Hours will be from 8.15am-5.30pm Monday-Thursday (punctuality& flexibility a must)
Salary £6 an hour and 5.6 weeks holiday a year (roughly 11 days). The pay we are offering may seem slightly lower than some others but we don't require any housework or cooking done with the exception of my youngest's lunch.

If you are interested or would like any further details please contact Carina on

hattenhall@yahoo.co.uk or 020 8397 5266

Hope to hear from you soon

carloulee Mon 18-May-09 20:22:49

Ok, incorrect version removed and (hopefully) correct version above hmm

lydia82 Mon 18-May-09 20:30:15

EXPERIENCED AND QUALIFIED NANNY AVAILABLE FOR 2 OR 3 DAYS A WEEK

I am a Qualified Nursery Teacher with 6+ yrs.nanny sole charge experience looking after children from newborrn to 14yrs.old. I am a dedicated nanny and belive I can offer your children loving, educational, fun and imaginative environment.I am reliable, kind, patient, well organised,flexible and easy going person who is looking for a part time job. I enjoy getting out and about with children, taking them to music class,library, playgroups, soft play,parks, playgrounds, etc., as well as spending time at home playing with their toys or doing activities such as singing, baking yummy cakes, reading books,doing art&craft or painting...
I am very creative person and always try to suggest some new ideas which kids love. As a nanny I always plan activities that will encourage children's development and learning.
I have First Aid, CRB Check and can provide an excellent ckeckable references. Addionally I am a good cook who cares about healthy,nutritious diet.I am also experienced to work with children with food allergies.
I live in Brent Cross, looking for job in NW London.
If I am what you are looking for, please feel free to get in touch.
Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.Lydia

lydia82 Mon 18-May-09 20:31:56

My email: lydka82@gmail.com,thanks

carloulee Mon 18-May-09 20:36:13

Just noticed my ad says Mon-Thurs should just be Mon and Tues (think I'm having some sort of baby brain melt down lol).

fairygodmother07 Wed 20-May-09 15:28:25

I am a DCE level 3 nanny with 3 ½ years childcare experience with children aged 3 months to 8 years.

I am OFSTED registered, have an enhanced CRB check, paediatric first aid certificate and written references.

I have a full clean UK driving licence and have my own car.

I am a non-smoker.

I’m looking for a live out, sole charge, full or part time position in Greater Manchester.

Please email me on nannysamantha@hotmail.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now