This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Alternative to sitters.co.uk

(6 Posts)
Ohdear2016 Tue 15-Nov-16 07:25:08

My child's older now and I wanted to register with a babysitting agency. I have attempted to register with sitters.co.uk twice and found them very difficult. Can anyone suggest an alternative? Or an agency on the Hampshire, surrey area?

RentANDBills Tue 15-Nov-16 09:48:26

Is this app in your area?

Karoleann Tue 15-Nov-16 11:04:57

We've used childcare.co.uk, and also likeminders...but have always gone back to sitters (its just easier as they have lots of pre-checked sitters).

If you're having problems registering, just call them up rather than doing it online.

Ohdear2016 Tue 15-Nov-16 11:48:20

Thank you, I did call, it cost more 0.50p per minute!

I'm a mother with an older child but I was trying register as a sitter myself. I have tried twice and have given up with them now.

I was a children's nurse, have regular DBS checks and first aid training also and teach as well. I had references from jobs and parents relating to nursing and teaching but they would only accept babysitting references but I didn't have them yet and I wasn't going to lie so i was rejected.

Now a few years later, with some 'babysitting' experience and reference, I am working as a special needs nanny/ career, living in with the family. My actual home is in another county. I was looking for something the odd free evening locally to nanny job but they can only register me to my home and not close the nanny job where I am most of the year. I called them and the 5 minute call cost me over £6. so I'm not calling again.

Ohdear2016 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:26:29

#£3.00 the call cost, sorry

Karoleann Tue 15-Nov-16 23:03:03

Ah. I'd just put a card in your local newsagents window or library notice board, listing your qualifications and stating that you were a children's nurse have a DBS and checkable refs and I'm sure you'll be snapped up.
Another suggestion would be to advertise in the newsletter for your local NCT, a small ad only cost £25 when I did it a few years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now