This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice on finding a good child minder?

(4 Posts)
MauiChristmas Mon 14-Nov-16 14:52:04

Hi - I would like to use a child minder for my baby when I return to work. Could anyone advise me on the best way to go about finding someone good and reliable? What to look for and where to look? Thanks!

grandmainmypocket Mon 14-Nov-16 20:37:13

Hiya
I would talk to other parents locally to find their personal recommendation. Or speak to people at playgroups.
Alternatively look on childcare.Co.UK

I would always recommend word of mouth though. Regarding what to ask this link has some good suggestions. www.pacey.org.uk/parents/choosing-great-childcare/questions-to-ask/

MauiChristmas Mon 14-Nov-16 20:39:17

Ok thanks. I'm fairly new to the area but this will be a good excuse to get out there and meet other parents....

JeanGenie23 Tue 15-Nov-16 07:19:10

Contact your local family information service and get a list of childminders. They may also be able to give you a list of top questions to ask.
Visit a few places, look at Ofsted reports (but just bear in mind that these are not entirely representative of a childminder)

What's important to you in childcare? Someone who spends a lot of time outside? Someone with similar aged children? Someone who goes to different groups everyday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now