This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

mat nurse deposit - amount?

(6 Posts)
fishinginthecut Mon 10-Oct-16 23:17:23

How much deposit would be 'normal' for a 12 week mat nurse placement that would pay approx. £15500 gross for the 12week period? Booking would start April 2017 so a while away yet but family are keen to secure someone.

£500? £5000? Both of these amounts have been suggested to me in the past few days as being reasonable!

IminaPickle Mon 10-Oct-16 23:20:44

Are you the maternity nurse? TBH I'd seek professional advice- obviously you're locking yourself out of other work so you want some security, but what would you do if they decide it's not working or the child arrives early or is ICU. Too many variables for randoms to answer imho.

Dencar Tue 11-Oct-16 16:46:44

The deposit I require is on a sliding scale of booking length.
A booking 12 weeks and over requires a deposit of 4weeks to confirm the booking.

An agency recently suggested to me fixing a standardised fee being 25% of the booking total.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 15-Oct-16 00:09:06

Are you doing 24/7 for 12w? Or 24/6? So salary 180/215 per 24hrs

I usually charge a week per month - so 3mth booking like this is would be 3w money as a deposit so assuming roughly £3875

I certainly wouldn't do £500 as a deposit as that's less then a weeks deposit

Tho the job isn't to start for 5/6mths so I might even want 50% deposit to secure position

You could turn down other work to start same time then the family decide they don't want you so could be out of pocket minus the deposit

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 15-Oct-16 00:09:40

Weeks wages

Artandco Sat 15-Oct-16 20:07:16

I would do a months non refundable deposit, so roughly 1/3. Allows you a month to find other work if they decide not to at the last minute

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now