This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Shoes to big

(6 Posts)
discoverandgo Thu 22-Sep-16 13:07:09

What would you do if you had a child who had to walk and is capable of walking on the school runs was sent in shoes that were about 3 sizes to big, the toes come to the crease! Im pretty sure they were sent in good intentions after I asked For full shoes instead of open toed sandals after doing the school run in the rain sad

yoowhoo Thu 22-Sep-16 13:18:40

I can't say the story as it will out me but please tell the parents to buy properly fitted shoes. Something happened to me with shoes too big and believe me if was not pleasant

MoodyWarps Thu 22-Sep-16 14:01:38

I have just had to ask parents for the correct size shoes for their child. They had sent crocs that were 3 sizes too big, child tripped several times and and the shoes fell off a lot! We now have some shiny, smart, open shoes that I think will end up scuffed but at least they stay on their feet.

I wish they would send sensible shoes, good for all weather. I don't know what the solution is though, besides repeating your request for correct clothing until it has been achieved.

I always have spare hats, gloves and raincoats but can't provide shoes too!

Eva50 Thu 22-Sep-16 14:51:29

Could you ask on freecycle or Facebook selling pages for a pair of wellies in the child's size.

Maryann1975 Thu 22-Sep-16 20:19:16

I have managed to acquire wellies in all sizes that I could ever need as a cm just in case. But, on a day like today, it would have been totally inappropriate for a child to wear wellies on the school run, it was boiling. I think all you can do is keep saying to the parents that the shoes don't fit and they need to get some that fit and are suitable for the walk to school. Poor child though, I assume the parents know the shoes don't fit and just aren't bothering to replace them.

Willow2016 Thu 22-Sep-16 20:57:43

Tell them you have done a risk assessment based on how often the child has fallen and how many times the shoes came off, how many time you had to stop on the journey etc and its a health and safety risk and you will be unable to take the child until suitable, fitting shoes are provided. That ought to make them take it seriously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now