This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

non payers

(9 Posts)
bigdonna Mon 12-Sep-16 17:01:27

hi im a cm just wondering if there is a blacklist for families who dont pay.i looked after a baby for 10 weeks i was paid twice they told me money in bank.im trusting so thought money would be in .i found out today that she did this to someone else a couple of yrs ago but only oweing them 90.00 so couldnt go to court!i am going to drop letter off now but hope she doesnt do this to anyone else.

fittedcupboard Mon 12-Sep-16 17:55:28

Didn't you ask for a month upfront, I'd assume that's standard. Then you always bill in advance, if they don't pay, child doesn't come.

bigdonna Mon 12-Sep-16 18:02:35

she was going to pay weekly then she said her husband was going to pay with childcare vouchers then her husband left her.then she paid weekly for two weeks and a bit extra for her debt,then she said she had paid for two weeks i didnt check bank and it didnt go in she had an excuse every week!!!and i just found out she has a new cm shes paying weekly and has now promised to pay by standing order every week.iknow i should have done amonth in advance but she had no money!!!

bigdonna Mon 12-Sep-16 18:03:43

lesson learned

Willow2016 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:15:27

Make up a 'Non Payment of fees Policy' Charge daily or weekly rate for non payment. Make sure that the parent reads this in front of you and gets a copy (better still get them to sign it)
Enforce it if they dont pay up and if they continue NO childcare until they do.

Some cm ask for money up front, some at begining of week. You decide what is best for you.

Your insurance should cover the cost of taking someone to court for unpaid fees. Give them a call.

bigdonna Mon 12-Sep-16 20:06:02

i have got adifferent contract thats has late fees and i said no childcare till she pays she just found someone else thanks for the help ladies

Willow2016 Mon 12-Sep-16 20:43:07

But you can still take her to court for the unpaid fees. Your childminding insurance will help with that. Thats why you are paying it.

mumoftwoandover Fri 16-Sep-16 13:06:20

I am a cm (on break atm) and I always thought about doing a black list too , but not sure about the "legality" of this... Anyway... Payments upfront ALWAyS !!!
And plus 1 month deposit as well for you to keep until the end of contract that will be reimbursed if no fees are due.
Sometimes In good will I reduced to 100.00/200.00 deposit depending of the amount of hours weekly .

Even being very cautious I had many problems with payment and had to run for my insurance.
Bear in mind that any value under 100.00 they WON'T do anything for you ... Thats when the deposit comes in hand !

I learned this very tough rules since the beginning... Cover your back and parents will respect you.

Hope it helps.
Try spk to tour solicitors anyway. They are good on advising the best way to deal with the issue
X

bigdonna Fri 16-Sep-16 15:51:38

hi i have contacted her she says she will set up a standing order but what she says is never what she does so she has 21 days to start paying.i have two new families starting both are going to pay in advance .i have childminded for 14 yrs and never taken any money in advance or deposits and never had any problems. hopefully i will only have a bad apple

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now