This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Finding a childminder to work around nursery

(4 Posts)
GirlWithTheLionHeart Thu 18-Aug-16 08:47:04

I want to return to work soon. My son's nursery only has them 3 hours a day.
I'm looking for a childminder to drop him and pick up a few days a week.
I also have a 7 month old who I would like them to have when she turns 1.

Does anyone else have thay arrangement?
How is it working out for you?
Do you pay them per day or per hour?
Any advice?
What did you ask them when you met them?

Thank you!

BoaConstrictor Thu 18-Aug-16 09:40:23

Loads of people do that. You need to find a cm who does a "school run" to your particular nursery so it is probably best to ask at the nursery & see if they have any cm already doing this.
Some cm charge a retainer for the time that your child is at nursery as it is unlikely that they will be able to fill the slot & may need to be around in case the child is too ill for nursery but well enough to go to the cm. Others don't charge but I think that this is more unusual (my cm doesn't charge as all of her charges are at nursery 3 mornings a week & she catches up with paperwork etc then).

GirlWithTheLionHeart Thu 18-Aug-16 13:28:37

Thank you. I've been in contact with a childminder around the corner and a nanny and will meet them both and see from there

Groovee Thu 18-Aug-16 13:41:54

I dropped my 2 at the child minder at 8.30 and she took dd to school then had ds for the morning gave him his packed lunch then drop him at nursery for the afternoon. Then she would collect dd from school and pick ds up from nursery.

The following year she dropped ds at nursery in the morning and had him for the afternoon.

She charged me for his nursery time as she was the one on call for him. A few times when there were a power cut she had to take him home again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now