This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Temporary childcare using childcare vouchers

(13 Posts)
Chchchchangeabout Mon 15-Aug-16 20:56:33

I need some childcare for around 4 hours over about a fortnight and need to pay using childcare vouchers. It would be in my home and I would be in the house too. How do I find agencies/temp nannies who accept childcare vouchers?

microscope Tue 16-Aug-16 06:39:11

tell the agency that you will only take nannies who are ofsted registered - they can accept vouchers

asg198 Tue 16-Aug-16 07:01:23

Also you will prob need to find a nanny who is already registered with the correct voucher provider as there are several companies that run the scheme and the nanny needs to be reg with each one to be able to accept vouchers from them. For example edenred, all save,
Are just two companies that run the scheme. Reg with the companies as a nanny who accepts the vouchers isn't too hard but for 4 hours work you may find if they aren't already with the right one then they don't want to register with another. So def worth finding out which company issues the vouchers for your work place and advising the agency/putting in your ad that you need someone able to accept xyz issued vouchers.

Toomanycats99 Tue 16-Aug-16 07:07:33

Is that four hours daily over a fortnight or 4 hours in total?

Chchchchangeabout Tue 16-Aug-16 10:45:02

Thanks! Four hours daily over a fortnight. Plus likely future ad hoc work.

yoowhoo Tue 16-Aug-16 13:24:29

I wouldn't specifically ask for nannies who are already registered with that company. That will limit your applicants. I do lots of ad hoc work and have registered with numerous new companies specifically for the odd days work. It doesn't take long to register smile

Chchchchangeabout Tue 16-Aug-16 15:57:00

Just rang our local nanny agency and they say no nannies will accept vouchers, only cash?!? Anyone know any agencies who would advertise for nannies taking vouchers? We are South London.

Chchchchangeabout Tue 16-Aug-16 16:06:13

Thanks youwhoo!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 17-Aug-16 07:13:39

4hrs a day for 2 weeks?

To want an ofsted nanny for temp work is tricky

There won't be many nannies who will want and can do those 4hrs and then doubtful they will be ofsted reg if do temp ad hoc

I do this kind of work but not ofsted reg as too much hassle to swap and accept payments for a week/month work

You may get lucky tho seems not

Cash is normal tho many pay me via bacs but make sure you offer gross

Tho if this was to be regular work eventually and same 4hrs week in and out you should do it properly and be an employer

Personally I would save vouchers and use once at nursery or see if can find a cm who will take them but many won't as 1) doesn't cover their hourly rate and out of pocket and 2) be using a space for under 5 and maybe lose out on an all day child

NickNacks Wed 17-Aug-16 07:17:43

I think you've got the childcare vouchers slightly confused with FEEE blondes grin

The vouchers are just the same as a bacs transfer really and hourly rate doesn't come in to it unlike the FEEE.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 17-Aug-16 08:16:54

Yes I do believe I have nacks 😳😳😳

Can I blame baby brain 😁😁

So a cm would happily accept vouchers

But a lot of ad hoc nannys wouidnt if not registered

Chchchchangeabout Wed 17-Aug-16 20:32:17

Thanks all have now found someone!

Chchchchangeabout Wed 17-Aug-16 20:34:47

Don't think employing a nanny would work as after this will just be the odd possible random day and with not much notice so just wouldn't be regular or predictable enough for someone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now