This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nannies last day

(3 Posts)
Mpearson058 Sat 06-Aug-16 00:17:35

This summer I nannied two little boys for the summer. One was 5 years old the other was 7 years old. As summer comes to an end I return back to college. The boys mentioned that they will be getting me a last day gift. They asked me if they would be getting something in return. Am I expected to give them something? If so what are some good ideas? They're both in elementary school one starts kindergarten the other third grade.

Thanks,

Mercedes

salsamad Sat 06-Aug-16 00:24:39

It's entirely up to you if you want to give them a gift. I wouldn't spend too much money though - how about some age appropriate books from their favourite authors.
If you aren't sure what they like to read maybe try Roald Dahl or David Walliams if they like funny stories or if they are more serious perhaps Michael Morpurgo.

Callaird Sun 07-Aug-16 16:59:24

I've done quite a bit of temp work, long and short, I usually take them out for a special treat - bowling, trampolines, cinema or even just tea. Although most of those would cost more than buying them a paperback book!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now