This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Finding a babysitter

(13 Posts)
Toastandjam16 Wed 03-Aug-16 13:43:46

I'm trying to find a babysitter to sit at a hotel for a wedding. I have used sitters.co.uk for this before but they can't get anyone in the area this time. Can anyone suggest other sites or ways to do this? Thanks.

doctoratsea Wed 03-Aug-16 13:50:25

Have you spoken to the hotel direct, as often they have staff who can assist or may already offer have a circle of babysitters, worth a try?

Toastandjam16 Wed 03-Aug-16 14:00:03

Hi dr. Thanks for the suggestions - tried that though and they couldn't help.

Yerazig Wed 03-Aug-16 14:17:34

If you give a rough location then maybe some of the nannies on here may be close to help. If not maybe scope out local nanny agencies. I always see agencies advertise the odd one day job that your offerin

Missgraeme Wed 03-Aug-16 14:19:05

I am a babysitter!! Where are u??

Toastandjam16 Wed 03-Aug-16 14:22:58

Hi guys. The wedding's in the north east - Grimsby. Don't suppose you're near by any chance MissG? Do you think it's worth posting this on the nanny board Yerazig?

nannylife Wed 03-Aug-16 15:01:21

Hi op, I babysit. Although sadly not near by. I find most of my work on childcare.co.uk smile

Toastandjam16 Wed 03-Aug-16 17:40:07

Thanks nannylife. I have had a quick look on there but I'll go and search properly.

MrsFogi Wed 03-Aug-16 19:31:43

I'd post on the relevant MN local to see if anyone has a nanny or au pair who could do it. Also, dare I say it, on the relevant region of NetHuns.

Toastandjam16 Wed 03-Aug-16 20:28:20

Thanks Mrsfogi. I've posted on the Lincs board but it all seems quiet at the moment. Haven't tried the other place though!

Richward Sun 07-Aug-16 11:00:20

HELP NEEDED, im a single dad looking for child care for around 12hrs a day, new to all this and very confused on what to do or even how to get this sorted

Richward Sun 07-Aug-16 11:20:55

im here in Walcote, Leicester and looking for childcare for 12hrs aday

nannynick Sun 07-Aug-16 12:29:37

Richward... 12 hours per day would be a nanny rather than a babysitter. Nannies tend to work Monday-Friday, some may do weekend work.
You can use a nanny agency (they will charge a fee probably around 3 or 4 times the nanny's weekly salary) to help you find someone, or you can use online jobsites like NannyJob.co.uk, Childcare.co.uk.

There are lots of factsheets for parents about having a nanny available from here, the most useful initially will be the Parents Guide to Employing a Professional Nanny (pdf)

You need to decide what salary to offer a nanny... this will vary by location and applicant's experience. You must pay at least national living wage, many nannies are paid a lot more. Job Listings may help give a clue as to what other people are offering. Somewhere in the £9-£13 gross per hour region is certainly a possible range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now