This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Car seats for 3 dc in Skoda fabia

(3 Posts)
shabbychic1 Wed 27-Jul-16 00:46:15

Hi, we're about to have number 3 and need to fit 3 car seats across the back of a 2005 Skoda fabia, which at the moment we can't change. Dc will be newborn, 5 and 7. Has anyone any ideas about which seats/ boosters would be best please? At the moment we have 2 Graco logico L high back seats but I think (at least) 1 of these will have to change to fit newborn in as well. Thanks.

Cindy34 Wed 27-Jul-16 09:27:15

No idea on specific seats but in a small car I managed to fit two high backed boosters plus a group 1 seat by having the group one in the middle. Due to how the base was, it was thiner at the back and wider at the front, so it fitted between the high backed boosters.

Issue I find with fitting seats in is how much the door handles come inwards. What looks like it will fit with the doors open does not fit with the doors closed. Some high backed seats are wider than others, especially with things like cup holders. So look at the thinest seats possible!

Karoleann Wed 27-Jul-16 10:43:48

We were okay with 1 forward facing car seat, a booster cushion and a rear facing newborn seat, but couldn't manage it when the baby had moved to forward facing. You need to be very careful that none of the car seat bases end up resting on the lower car seat clips as they can cause the seatbelt to come out.
We ended up having to get a new car!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now