This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Have to cancel and I feel terrible about it. What can I say?

(4 Posts)
Whattodo2222 Sat 23-Jul-16 20:51:22

Recently decided to go back to minding so last week had 2 different meet and greets and agreed to mind 2 kids afterschool once term starts in September again.

However, I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant (huge shock but happy!), I have a history of complicated pregnancies with numerous overnight admissions each time. Also suffer awfully from pelvic pain and am on crutches by 4 months. So no chance of me being able to keep minding until the birth.

I could wait and just see how long I can stick it out but I don't think it would be fair to the parents if I'll be letting them down at short notice. I'm gearing towards just calling and cancelling now and giving thme enough time to find alternative arrangements. But what excuse will I give? Not too keen on sharing my early pregnancy news with complete strangers.

Rugbycomet Sat 23-Jul-16 21:00:29

Just tell them the truth. They're strangers as you say. Congratulations!

museumum Sat 23-Jul-16 21:03:23

Tell them the truth and ask for discretion. You're doing them a favour telling them this early they should keep quiet about your pregnancy in return. I'm sure they'll understand if you explain.

Bamaluz Tue 26-Jul-16 14:15:06

You don't have to tell them why, just that your circumstances have changed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now