This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny, term time, one day a week

(3 Posts)
Fannyfannakerpants Fri 15-Jul-16 20:27:32

I have had no luck with finding a local nursery or childminder so I'm considering a nanny. I am a teacher and just need one day a week for my 2 year old and then school pick up. I just need term time and may be home at 4 but it may not be until 6. I may also be around in the morning . I'm happy to pay the morning and until 6 to make it regular.
What is my best way to tackle this. It would suit a student or another mum. So where do I advertise and if it is a student or mum, what's the going rate?

PinPon Fri 15-Jul-16 20:57:18

Try Gumtree. May suit a nursery worker who wants to earn extra cash on a day off, or a nanny who only works 4 days per week. Going rate depends on where you live. Look at other ads to get ideas. Good luck.

nannynick Fri 15-Jul-16 22:17:35

Think local - your ideal person is likely to be living locally. Is there anywhere local that accepts adverts - village shop? Is there any local
website/forum where local job ads are accepted?

Fixing the hours of work sounds like a sensible move, as it will give you a known cost and them a known income. If you finish early you don't need to rush back, you can have a bit of child-free time.

Pay is always tricky, a nanny will often be in excess of twice as much as a childminder or nursery. Agree a gross salary, as the person may have other work. Do get assistance from a payroll provider, as if the person has another job you will need to do PAYE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now